Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Psychic Experiences

+2
mahabaratara
maid
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Psychic Experiences Empty Psychic Experiences

Post  maid Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:56 am

Has anybody met someone else in the dreamspace?
what happened, and was it astral travel, psychic phnomena, or a straight up dream?

affraid
maid
maid

Back to top Go down

Psychic Experiences Empty Re: Psychic Experiences

Post  maid Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:25 pm

I have had dreams of my loved ones after they passed on. They were serene and unblemished with time. I really think they are communicating with us and these are not ordinary dreams.
I think dreams have to be reflected on, in this fast paced day and age, really taking time to think about them or at least find the words to describe them is important.
I might write some more in the morn after an active dreamtime.

"Serene and unblemished with time" is exactly the feeling I get when I dream about my grandmother. I think these dreams are real communications with the departed, because there is a very strong sense of my grandmother's physical presence that is very different from other dreams.
maid
maid

Back to top Go down

Post  maid Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:31 pm

most of my dreams are all fucked up and i dont like repeating them is that a bad sign.
Sometimes I think strange dreams are the best. These dreams are like screwy puzzles to figure out.... BB & Ciggy have some entertaining dreams.

When I have a nightmare it's usually about my old stressful career. When I wake up I'm happy I'm not doing that job anymore, and I immediately forget the dream.........so I don't think its a bad sign to not want to repeat a nightmare or fucked up dream.

Last edited by on Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:08 am; edited 2 times in total
maid
maid

Back to top Go down

Post  mahabaratara Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:32 pm

Heavens yes but I talked about them over at Ciggy's place and thus they are now history which wont be repeated (I guess I am tired of them...) but if anything new comes up then I will lte you know... Wink

mahabaratara

Back to top Go down

Post  warrior_priestess Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:52 pm

I too, have had many dreams and out of body experiences. Some showing me technology, some have been past lives, some have been warning dreams.
warrior_priestess
warrior_priestess

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:39 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cI0Jfdkq4z8&feature=related

Paiute medicine man: "Men who work in soil cannot dream, and wisdom comes to us in dreams."

(Hunter gatherers did not work in soil aka farming. Hunter gatherers did not work any job. I wanna be a hunter gatherer.)
Lady
Lady

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:08 am

This break opens a myth most "Enlightened" people have. Most think the industrial revolution was our downfall. The root of our downfall was farming.

Please read Shocked :study: Idea this: http://www.awok.org/worst-mistake/
Lady
Lady

Back to top Go down

Post  feish Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:04 pm

I've had dreams about this very subject. Years ago, when I first got into looking at people's websites I read one blog by a guy named Ran Prieur, who apparently lives in the Seattle area. He was big into permaculture and what he called The Critique of Civilization. So the article from Diamond was one of the things I read form him.

During that period I had many dreams relating to the ideas floating around in my head to do with primitivism and the origins of the human species. I don't remember them very well now, as this was several years ago and I never wrote any of them down. But the general feel I got from them was that there was some sort of genetic memory coming through.

As for current activity, I have been having one epic dream after another for the past two weeks or so. In the first week of February, I came down with a rather bizarre form of flu or some such thing (I don't know what...) but the symptoms included the inability to handle smoking pot. I made me terribly paranoid, so I quit and since then the dreams have been relentless and very unusual.

Last night's I can still remember vaguely. I was somehow forced to return again to my first job, at a meat processing plant. No fond memories there. Now, in the dream there was no real resemblance to the actual place, and none of the people associated with it were real. The whole thing was really strange. I lost my shoes, and was accosted by some angry employee. All in all not a nice dream. Hopefully tonights will be more agreeable.

Smile
feish
feish

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:30 pm

In the first week of February, I came down with
a rather bizarre form of flu or some such thing (I don't know what...)
but the symptoms included the inability to handle smoking pot. I made me terribly paranoid, so I quit and since then the dreams have been relentless and very unusual.
...... Pot makes me ultra sensative to everything. This same thing happened to me and I had to give up pot, which I previously enjoyed. I know what you mean by epic dreams. You're very lucky to be having them. Maybe you should try writing them down. You are probably astral travelling in these dreams.

Last night's I can still remember
vaguely. I was somehow forced to return again to my first job, at a
meat processing plant. No fond memories there. Now, in the dream there
was no real resemblance to the actual place, and none of the people
associated with it were real. The whole thing was really strange. I
lost my shoes, and was accosted by some angry employee. All in all not
a nice dream. Hopefully tonights will be more agreeable.
....... OMG I can't remember how many times I've had JOB nightmares. It's been 4 years since working at my 20 year career, and I still have these nightmares once in a while. JOBS are NIGHTMARES.
Sweet dreams I hope for you tonight, Feish Sleep
Lady
Lady

Back to top Go down

Post  feish Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:03 pm

Yeah, I hope so too.

I can remember another dream from a long time ago when I was back at that same job. It's never a good thing. But it's also never in any way similar to the actual job. I remember a nightmare I had while I had that job. I thought that I was hours late getting to work, and I had somehow managed to eat mushrooms, so I was relieved when I woke up and it was only seven o'clock.

I wonder about dreams. They are always so bizarre, and the people who appear in them are so random. I think I might try writing one down some time, but I often wouldn't want to due to the strangeness of them.

I've never had a dream about my current job, so I must be well integrated with it. No conflicts, no nightmares. I never seem to have the scary nightmares I hear others talk about, just sometimes weird to the point of disturbing.

This recent illness really threw me for a loop. I still Haven't really recovered from it, though what symptoms there were have mostly disappeared. It's probably just the combination of recovery and lack of THC. Every day is a little better though.

Very Happy
feish
feish

Back to top Go down

Post  Spock Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:28 pm

What was your recent illness, feish? just curious, not meant to invade your privacy.

When i have dreams, i seem to always float around. Even when i am on the ground, i always know i can lift up and fly around. I wonder it's my astral self hanging out in dreamland.

If i am driving a car in my dreams, sometime it is kind of sluggish, especially the brakes. And the bathrooms weird. I sometimes find myself unable to relive myself because all the toilets are dirty. I keep trying different bathrooms and then i wake up to go to my real and clean bathroom. Any dream interpreters here?
Spock
Spock

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:54 pm

First rule of dream interpretation: There are always a few ways to interpret a dream. We should look at all the different ways of interpreting the dream because there isn't one right answer and all interpretations can apply. A good dream interpreter, like Joseph Campbell, suggests his patients look at the many ways of possibly interpreting a dream.
When i have dreams, i seem to always float
around. Even when i am on the ground, i always know i can lift up and
fly around. I wonder it's my astral self hanging out in dreamland.
...... I always consider flying dreams astral projection.

If i am driving a car in my dreams, sometime it is kind of sluggish, especially the brakes
....... to dream that you are driving a car, denotes your ambition, your drive and your ability to navigate from one stage of your life to another.Consider how smooth or rough the car ride is. Whether you are driving the car or a passenger, is indicative of of your active role or passiverole in your life. I also consider a Car to be a symbol of the great power of the soul. A gun is also a symbol of the great power of the soul. I would also look at a Car as symbolising a time machine or another way to astral travel.

I sometimes find myself unable to relive myself
because all the toilets are dirty. I keep trying different bathrooms
and then i wake up to go to my real and clean bathroom.
...... Good thing you don't find a toilet in the dream, because if you found a toilet you might wet the bed. I've had the same experience of not being able to find toilets in a dreams, and I always wake up to find I need to go really bad.

I also found this interpretation: needing to go to the bathroom
suggests the need to let go of some relationship that has ran its
course. Dream of bathroom stalls, which are often found in
public, further indicate that you are concerned about how others might
feel and how others will perceive and judge you. You are feeling
ashamed and fear that the situation might get messy should you make
your feelings known. You don't want to cause trouble and as a result
keep things inside. Emotions have been pent up for too long and
hence the dreams recur until they are released or acknowledged.

Lady
Lady

Back to top Go down

Post  Spock Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:36 pm

Lady, thanks for your interpretations.

One of my favorite dreams is falling in love. In those dreams, i am with the most beautiful woman imaginable and there is a sense of well being in erotic feelings i have with her. The bad part is waking up in the middle of a love session.
Spock
Spock

Back to top Go down

Post  feish Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:18 am

What was your recent illness, feish? just curious, not meant to invade your privacy.

No problem, I don't have privacy issues. I came down with some weird flu bug or something. I don't get sick very often, but when I do it seems to hit me more in the brain than anywhere else. I was cold (like freezing) for a week. I couldn't eat. Dropped ten or fifteen pounds and became totally depressed. I think I can imagine what brought it on, I was probably pushing it, but when I'm healthy I tend to think I'm invincible...

I had to quite smoking pot, cold turkey, it made me paranoid and agitated. I haven't gotten back on my feet totally, though I'm doing better every day. Things certainly feel different with a clear head.

One thing that this has brought on is a series of super detailed, epic dreams. I'm going to try to write a few down, if I can remember in the morning. There have been some beautiful women in these dreams, along with old friends, old work places, and a ton of random stuff that I can't really remember.

In dreams I had years ago, many times I would be driving. But I would always be sitting in the passenger seat, and stretching my arms and feet over to hold the wheel and touch the gas and brakes. It was always very tense. I'd be going tot fast and not have the time to move myself into the drivers seat, so I had to try my best from shotgun.

Once in one of these weird dreams, I was driving my Grandpa's old Chevy van. I drove up a long, high bridge, but when I got to the top, it was broken, or unfinished and I drove off the edge. I could see a sprawling city far below me. Clouds, and the curve of the earth. I was up that high. Then a huge mushroom cloud burst from the city and I could see the blast of the explosion coming towards me. Luckily I awoke before It made it to me as I plummeted off the edge of the bridge. Needless to say it was quite a relief to come back to reality.
feish
feish

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:05 am

The bridges in my dreams are always impossibly steep, like roller coaster steep. I took a break from court reporting and trained as a carpenter with the union and worked a summer building a small bridge. I found out I was pregnant while building the bridge, and I always felt that was symbolic.

Dream website:
http://www.dreammoods.com/

To dream that you are crossing a bridge, signifies an important
decision or a critical junction in your life. This decision will prove
to be a positive change with prosperity and wealth in the horizon.
Bridges represent a transitional period in your life where you will be
moving on to a new stage.
To dream of a run-down bridge, indicates that you should not contemplate any major changes in your life at this time. To see a bridge collapse in your dream, denotes that you have let a great opportunity pass you by.
Lady
Lady

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:18 am

No problem, I don't have privacy issues.
...... You probably don't have trust issues, and fear/paranoia will not rule you. Good for you.

I came
down with some weird flu bug or something. I don't get sick very often,
but when I do it seems to hit me more in the brain than anywhere else.
I was cold (like freezing) for a week. I couldn't eat. Dropped ten or
fifteen pounds and became totally depressed. I think I can imagine what
brought it on, I was probably pushing it, but when I'm healthy I tend
to think I'm invincible...
........ In California people are obsessive about exercise. I just found out about a young woman who exercised as a way to treat her cold, and the docs said the reason for her death was "stress." My younger brother was obsessive about exercise and the picture of health, but I thought he was overdoing it. He ended up with a brain absess the size of an orange. He's fine now, but he doesn't push himself as hard. On a less extreme note, severe flus and pneumonia make us feel our own mortality and realize how fragile life is.
Lady
Lady

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:29 am

In dreams I had years ago, many times I would be
driving. But I would always be sitting in the passenger seat, and
stretching my arms and feet over to hold the wheel and touch the gas
and brakes. It was always very tense. I'd be going tot fast and not
have the time to move myself into the drivers seat, so I had to try my
best from shotgun.
....... At the time you must have been taking a passive role in life and maybe felt things were out of control. It's good you don't have this dream anymore. I don't have the super steep bridge dreams any more. I think I've stopped having the Job Nightmares. In these dreams I'm always lost, sometimes driving on icy roads and late to report a deposition or court. Judges, lawyers and expert witnesses are waiting for me, and the lawyer is going to call my boss and have me fired. Freelance reporters can lose their career and reputation for being late even once. I was living the American Nightmare for 20 years. It's over, and life is good.
Lady
Lady

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:35 am

One of my favorite dreams is falling in love. In
those dreams, i am with the most beautiful woman imaginable and there
is a sense of well being in erotic feelings i have with her. The bad
part is waking up in the middle of a love session.
...... rarely am I so lucky to have an orgasm in a dream. Usually I wake up and forget about the dream. Sometimes I masturbate, but of course it's a big let down compared to the dream. Hope that's not too much info.... Laughing
Lady
Lady

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:30 pm

Ciggy ..... I'm afraid Truthiness is going to come out and tell everyone on the forum what a crazy mom he has. Nothing shocks him...... Oh, he has some stories to tell, Shocked like the time I bought a box of Twinkies and gave them out to shoppers and discussed my favorite underwear. "Have a Twinkie, and let me tell you about my underwear."

lol!

I'm glad we have a Secret Chamber for when I come out of the closet. I better ban Truthiness from the Secret Chamber.
Lady
Lady

Back to top Go down

Post  feish Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:33 pm

For some reason I keep having dreams where I'm walking on high, platform like networks of pathways with nothing below them, like bridges, or scaffolding. Always up very high. In real life I'm scared of heights. Get vertigo easily.

Last night's, I was in a place which resembled, or was supposed to be a place downtown, but up on weird, suspended pathways. I was working for a guy I knew from high school, who was apparently doing landscaping. It was kind of like a seminar on how to get work though. I didn't really want to work for him, so I just went along without worrying about trying to make a good impression.

He was very serious, giving me and the crew all sorts of good working advice. He got me and the other new guy to explain why we wanted to work for him, and then he would critique our responses. The other guy went first and said all the classic dumb fake stuff people say to impress their boss, when they really mean, "Duh, I need money jackass!" The boss guy told him what he was doing wrong, but the guy couldn't understand. When I went it all came out smooth. I basically told him what I thought he wanted to hear, and he nodded encouragingly throughout.

When we were done working, the guys sat down and lit up a joint. It went around and when it got to me I took a puff and instantly came awake.

Pretty weird. But not bad really. Just weird.

Smile
feish
feish

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:51 pm

It's good to throw interpretations out there. You'll be the one who will decide what interpretation is right. Don't be afraid to make a wrong interpretation. The act of interpreting, wrong or right, is what will get you to the correct answer eventually.

High scaffolding that's a network of pathways ....... this sounds like you are on the Path to astral travel. Some people fly, float, and some are connected by a kite cord that anchors them to their physical body. There is a risk with astral travel that your astral body will not return to your physical body, so that's why some people have anchor cords. The scaffolding could symbolically be your cord. The network of pathways and being so high up sounds like astral travel to me.

Waking up right after the joint: I notice that whatever is at the forefront of my mind will be the very last thing I dream before I wake up. Since you're coming off pot, it's natural this would be the last thing you dream before waking. I think pot is great, but since you are having these detailed epic amazing dreams right now without pot, I would stay away from pot. Dreams are so underated by modern man. Dreams are the most important thing to shamans, and I know they're right.

It was kind of like a seminar on how to get work
though. I didn't really want to work for him, so I just went along
without worrying about trying to make a good impression. He
was very serious, giving me and the crew all sorts of good working
advice. He got me and the other new guy to explain why we wanted to
work for him, and then he would critique our responses. The other guy
went first and said all the classic dumb fake stuff people say to
impress their boss, when they really mean, "Duh, I need money jackass!"
The boss guy told him what he was doing wrong, but the guy couldn't
understand. When I went it all came out smooth. I basically told him
what I thought he wanted to hear, and he nodded encouragingly
throughout.
.......This could be contact with a spirit guide: seminar/advice. The key is you weren't worrying about making a good impression, so there was no fear on your part. I would say you did very well with this contact with your spirit guide, who can probably take many different forms in your dreams. I bet coming off pot caused a shift in your consciousness which triggered these dreams. Doesn't mean you can't go back to smoking pot, but right now treasure these dreams.
Lady
Lady

Back to top Go down

Post  feish Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:27 pm

Thanks for all the great interpretations lady.

Here I go again. Is it just me or do I talk about myself too much? Laughing

Maybe thats because I tend to do all the listening in face to face interaction and keep silent. I think my dream basically told me that I'm not upset with what is going on in my life these days, and that I can handle getting along with people without having to have then understand what I'm really thinking. This is something that used to bother me a lot. So this is good, yes.

I've always thought that the general feel of my dreams echoes the feeling I have that things could collapse, or that they are flimsy and don't have solid foundations.

I wonder about things like astral travel and spirit guides. for a long time I would have been of the mind that these things are only objects of the psyche. I've been a very strong materialist in my day, and didn't have time for things of a psychic nature. Now I'm not too sure. I was listening to a lecture today, where the speaker was saying that we only have one third of our lives as conscious time to be ourselves, aside from work and sleep. I thought about dreaming first of all then I thought of work. In work I have found that if you make the right choices you can be yourself at work as well as in your free time. As for dreaming, this is not so different from waking life. I definitely have much more adventure and action in my dreams. Maybe if I was an explorer I'd dream of sitting quietly and reading, or working in the garden?

I notice that whatever is at the forefront of my mind will be the very last thing I dream before I wake up. Since you're coming off pot, it's natural this would be the last thing you dream before waking. I think pot is great, but since you are having these detailed epic amazing dreams right now without pot, I would stay away from pot. Dreams are so underated by modern man. Dreams are the most important thing to shamans, and I know they're right.

That makes a lot of sense.

I can remember one amazing image from a dream I had years ago. I was in a mall, or department store. The floor started tilting and I slid over to a set of double door which opened to nothing but open sky. I fell out and down over a huge vista of landscape. Similar image to the bridge I described before. Below was a giant tall tree with massive long branches. It was spinning like a merry go round. I grabbed one of the branches and clung to it. Thebranch started stretching down to the ground, a wide green field or prairie across of which ran a group of wild horses. As the branch came down and I was nearing the ground, I woke up.

I often used to wake up right when my dream was getting romantic...
feish
feish

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:09 pm

Feish ....... Great interpreting of your dream there. I love it when people talk about themselves, because then I feel like I can talk about myself whenever I want to, which is a lot.

I have had that frustration my whole life of wishing people would understand what I think. I need to get better at being okay with them not knowing.

That Mall dream was a real thrill just reading about it. I think it's best to interpret your own dreams rather than go to dream interpretation websites or books on psychology. For instance, this is what I found about falling dreams:

When you fall, there is nothing that you can hold on to. You had tree branches to grab. You more or less are forced toward this downward motion without any control. This lost of control may parallel a waking situation in your life.

Falling dreams also often reflect a sense of failure or inferiority in some
circumstance or situation. It may be the fear of failing in your
job/school, loss of status, or failure in love.�You feel shameful and
lack a sense of pride. You are unable to keep up with the status quo or
that you don't measure up.

According to Freudian theory, dreams
of falling indicate that you are contemplating giving into a sexual
urge or impulse. You maybe lacking indiscretion.

Falling dreams
typically occur during the first stage of sleep. Dreams in this stage
are often accompanied by muscle spasms of the arms, legs, and the whole
body. These sudden contractions, also known as myclonic jerks.
Sometimes when we have these falling dreams, we feel our whole body
jerk or twitch and we awaken from this jerk. It is thought that this
jerking action is part of an arousal mechanism that allows the sleeper
to awaken and become quickly alert and responsive to possible threats
in the environment. I believe violent jerking is the astral body returning to the physical body too quick......I think free falling is close to flying and may be an unsuccesfull atempt at astral travel.

According to biblical interpretations,
dreams about falling have a negative overtone and suggest that man is
acting and walking according to his own way of thinking and not those
of the Lord. I think we should be trying to walk our own way, don't you?
I have also heard Christards say that dreaming is the evil work of the devil.
Rolling Eyes
Lady
Lady

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:33 pm

Feish ........ Yesterday the Knight changed the text color to green, and now there are pretty branches in our New Castle picture. It seems like the green herbalness happened just as you joined New Castle. Our knight seems to be psychic or it was just a coincidence. I like the green look for a change.
Lady
Lady

Back to top Go down

Post  feish Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:28 am

Thats cool lady, greens and blues have always been the colors I gravitate towards.

Dreaming is such a strange thing. How you forget about being bothered time and troubles the way you would in waking life.

I've stopped dreaming lately (or at least remembering them...) so I'm thinking I might have gotten to where I was going. Definitely feels like I've arrived. Now the only dreams I remember are when I go back to sleep in the morning after waking up early. Those ones a really weird. Today the bit I can recall had something to do with getting an email saying that someone at a popular website had received a message regarding something I had written (not anything real though), which included my actual personal information. They were wondering if this was something I was hoping would happen, due to them apparently feeling from my previous writing that I had been working towards this kind of disclosure. What the heck, I don't know? Just simple paranoia? It was a mystery to be solved, but then I woke up... phew.

Also, a bit of sleep paralysis on nodding off last night. Someone thought it would be funny to press a basketball or some such thing on the back of my head while i was laying face down. Couldn't breath, couldn't move, half awake, woke up and only five to ten minutes had passed from when I lay down. Have to remember to lay on my side when falling asleep. Wink

Anyone else had that kind of thing happen? For me it's almost always while laying stomach down. What do you make of it?
feish
feish

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum