Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Life and Death

+2
Spock
gardener
6 posters

Go down

Life and Death Empty Life and Death

Post  gardener Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:25 pm

Hermes started this great Topic:

1. LISTEN. Trust the truth of your own inner language at least as much as you trust the syntax of any limited cognitive system. Test the truths you receive by contemplating their guidance with fidelity and compassion.

2. HEART. A good rule to remember in life is that the body doesn't lie and the best guide in the body is an open loving heart. Follow your heart.

3. See. See all experience as a dream. Original awareness is like a
luminous empty mirror.

5. LOVE. All being is sacred and needs to be treated in a sacred manner.

6. TANTRA. Sexuality is very sacred and treating it in such a manner can actually transport human awareness toward the new archetypal relationships for which we so desperately long.

7. RESPECT. If you cannot behave in a beneficial manner toward another being, or regarding a situation, or toward a place, or toward even yourself, at least intend to and learn to do no harm.

8. RECIPROCITY. Pracitce reciprocity and honor the three levels of the Tree of Life, first the Underworld of Death, of the Ancestors, and of Primordial Sexuality; second the Creative Vital Realm of Mother Earth; the third the Celestial Realm of Cosmic Spirit and Subtle Mind.

9. FORGIVE. Forgive one another and respect the rights of all beings to attain happiness and freedom. Practice courageous, even unconventional wisdom, altruistic kindness, strong nonviolent compassion, humility, radical honesty, modesty and generosity. (I would say live and let live.)

10. OFFER. See every opportunity and every experience as a step on the path of transmutation, refinement and release.

11. NONATTACHMENT. Hold on to nothing and do not make too much of anything. Remember the inherent suffering of life at this level. At best this life is a mixture of pleasure and pain. Be mindful of this wisdom. Allow your love to grow bigger than any container that would eventually stifle it.

12. EDUCATION. Always respect the process of education and seek to learn as much as it is possible to learn in this life.

13. COURAGE. Never allow fear, habit, knowledge, or self-doubt to become insurmountable obstacles on your path. Anything is possible, one way or another. Being is so infinite and so unfathomable that if a thing has merit, it will find a proper way.
gardener
gardener
Admin

Back to top Go down

Life and Death Empty Re: Life and Death

Post  Spock Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:51 pm

In Memory of Sadie Hardman of Vancouver, BC
My best friend's only godchild died last week.
Life and Death N9035963324_5246

Life and Death 2300840283_4bf0e8cf92_o
Spock
Spock

Back to top Go down

Post  Spock Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:16 pm

Sadie died last week, i just found out.
She was the only goddaughter of my best friend.
See below for the circumstance of her death.

Life and Death N679235201_964321_1525

http://www.canada.com/victoriatimescolonist/news/story.html?id=6094c7bc-9862-4a0e-b5fe-911de94e125c&k=92158
Spock
Spock

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:43 pm

Qui-Gon .........

I'm so sorry about Sadie. It must be so difficult for her parents and the Godfather.

It's shocking when a child dies and very sad.

Love, Lady
Lady
Lady

Back to top Go down

Post  feish Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:38 pm

I read about this when it was in the news paper last week. I cannot fathom what her parents, siblings and friends must be feeling after hearing this terrible news. What a waste...

Something just like this happened near where I live when I was young.

The shock and the absurdity of the situation can't be prepared for and the lack of that person in their lives will be a painful wound which won't heal easily or quickly.

What were they doing on that roof? That is the question her parents will not be able to accept any answer to, and it is not something that can be answered easily.

What a sad waste of a beautiful life.
feish
feish

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:58 pm

Qui-Gon,
I'm sorry to hear what happened. May she be surrounded with light and happiness on her way.

Don't know if this may have something to do with it and I'm sure you've heard about the full moon lunar eclipse and all the things, including strange behaviors that happened around that time.
Life and Death Flower

Back to top Go down

Post  Rookie Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:57 pm

Sadie died last week, i just found out.
She was the only goddaughter of my best friend.
See below for the circumstance of her death.
So sorry to know about your loss. It's so tragic. One wonders why things like this happen.
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  Dice Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:48 pm

And I borrowed the page
From a leopards cage
And I prowled in the evening suns glaze
Her head lifted high to the light in the sky
The opening dawn on her face...

Life and Death Fynxq9
Dice
Dice

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:39 pm

I'm talking about the state we are in......
As we can see, people are hurling their guts out. No one ever said it is going to be an easy process, we all must go throught these things if we want to wake up. GET READY.
Talking about these things doesn't bother me at all. If we don't face the darkness, we will never get over anything. I say these things with a passion for life, not hate.
If you react in a confrontational way and all, I know it is you and not I with the problem who needs to deal. I could be a good sounding board if you need to vent. I'm learning not to let things stick to me. WE NEED TO DISCUSS THESE THINGS, NO MORE THINKING EVERYTHING IS PEACHES AND CREAM.
But before we can even get to this Love, we need to do the inner work and face things. We are not who we think we are, nor are we who others believe we are. We are a programmed and very manipulated people.
I don't know who Eve died, nor do I believe in all the stories. The underlying theme could be factual though, we do crucify what we don't like and those that are different.
The important thing is that if we don't change, we will wipe the slate clean through destruction, which is happening right now, just as you see and write about. If we change how we think and our consciousness and get in touch with the inherit Love, then it will be a much more stable and peaceful world and then the slate wouldn't have to be cleaned.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:16 pm

Qui-Gon,
I posted this here, because I thought you were going to delete the other thread.
I thought you were talking about EVE in the bible. A metaphor, a quote of yours without explaining. You will have to excuse me, I rarely watch t.v. and not up to date. I know what's out there and people have been killing each other for eons. You can cry and get mad all you want, but I don't see that helping you much. I think people add to this negative energy by doing those things and getting emotional.

I would like your opinion on who Eve in the bible is and what she represents, and anything else you can add. Just get your mind off of the things going on out there.

Back to top Go down

Post  Spock Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:47 pm

Assuming the Wholly Babble lifted the story of Adam and Eve somewhere, and that the story is a myth...

I'd say Eve was enlightened (rather than tempted) first, meaning female was ahead of male.
The story about Adam's ribs is... well... another babble, IMO.

I do think there may have been an Adamic race.
These days, every race is racing to paint them in their own color. Who cares...

I think Tsarion's version was also Wholly Babble. What do you think???
Spock
Spock

Back to top Go down

Post  Spock Sat May 15, 2010 3:44 pm

Life and Death Glare_by_Mikeinel
Spock
Spock

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content